Saturday, July 14, 2018


Has it really been five years since we posted here?   That hardly seems possible.  If any old friends are still alive out there, we bid you hello and wish you well.  Many trips have come and gone in the past few years and we have all managed to get back to the parks at least a time or two.   We have all gotten away from writing out TR’s, but we still love to talk Disney.  Though the reasons are varied, they all boil down to time.  As our kids have all gotten older, their activities have consumed a much larger portion of our schedules.  Between all the sports, fine arts, church events, academics, and other such endeavors, it seems there just aren’t enough hours in the day.  
However, it is missed.  Especially the interaction with everyone online. 
I thought I’d give a brief update and say howdy to anyone who might still be listening.
As for me and myself, my youngest is about to enter high school which completely blows my mind.  My weekends are filled with cheer competitions, driving lessons, band trips, and all manner of activities.  My oldest is just two years away from graduating high school and I’m more than a little freaked out about it.   In the past few years, I’ve left behind the call center world and am now in a more traditional corporate IT environment.  I’ve been diagnosed with, treated for, and declared free of cancer.  I’ve taken a solo trip to WDW (for a work conference) and started a Disney Vlog.   (I'm on YouTube as Bubba Ray Biscuit.) 
It is amazing to look back on the first trip I took with my girls in 2009.  It's hard to believe they were just 5 and 7.  Though we've been back many times and had great experiences, nothing quite compares to that trip.   I think we've all commented on our TR's about how so much of our Disney love is tied into the memories it holds for us.  It has become a part of our family story and will likely continue to be part of our story for a very long time. 

As our nests begin to empty and new chapters begin in our lives, it will be interesting to see how our Disney experiences change.  I imagine we'll be sharing them in one way or another.  Until then, I hope you are all doing well and wish you much love, much joy, and great blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment